The ECU Campus Opioid & Stimulant Prevention Program provides prevention services for opioids and stimulant misuse, and access to suicide prevention education by faculty/staff and students, for faculty/staff and students. One key component of this program is our interdisciplinary team, which meets monthly. If you want to become involved with this team, please contact Genan Westmoland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any student, faculty, or staff member is welcome to attend meetings.
Services, Activities, & Available Resources:
- Free prescription drug lock boxes
- Free prescription drug disposal bags
- Pop-up trivia and fun outreach events
- Annual campus assessment
- Educational materials on opioid and stimulant drugs, prevention, and treatment
- Media advocacy
- Prescription drug take back events with local law enforcement
- Free trainings for students, faculty and staff
- Referrals for free off-campus substance abuse treatment services (through our overall prevention center, the Brandon Whitten Institute)
- Coming soon…free naloxone and fentanyl test strips!
Holli Witherington, Grant Director
Genan Westmoland, Grant Coordinator