One email is sent per month with questions that the students must reply in the following formation by the 15th of each month.
Following are the qualifications to earn the entire $20.00 for the email responses:
- Answers all emails on or before the due date (end of day on 15th of each month)
- Answering all emails completely (every topic within the email needs to be addressed)
- All emails must be written in letter format with correct grammar, and spelling
- No half stipend amounts will be awarded. Must meet all above requirements to get $20.00 (All or NOTHING)
Student must attend a minimum of two ACT workshops per school semester. Students will be paid for attendance and participation in the workshop in the amount of $20.00. If a student is unable to attend, then the parent must notify the office with a valid reason in order for it to be excused. Check Schedule
Summer Residential Program
A six week summer session at East Central University campus gives students intense instruction in math, science and research papers as well as experience conducting hands-on research at the Noble Foundation, ECU research facilities, etc.
Courses Offered (Varies from Year to Year)
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Research Paper
- Foreign Language
Additional Cultural and Educational Activities:
- College Visits
- Environmental Awareness and Testing
If you plan on attending the Summer Program, we take applications and allow entry on a first-come, first-serve basis, providing that they meet program academic requirements.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE DEADLINE. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE TAKEN AFTER DEADLINE.
Please complete the following:
- Review Checklist
- Review Student Handbook
- Participation and Rules Agreement Form
- Shot Record Form
- Medical Release Form
- Press-Picture Release Form
- Cell-Phone/Electronic Release Form
- Income Eligibility Form (SummerFood)
- Student Conduct Agreement Form
- Consent Form
- Release and Indemnification Agreement
- Allowed Student Sign In Form
A signature is required on ALL items.
Mail completed forms to:
ECU Upward Bound Math & Science. 1100 E 14th Street S-14 Ada, OK 74820